Mr. Russ is a skilled civil litigator, with an established record of success for his clients in both trials and arbitrations. He has litigated a wide array of disputes through resolution including complex public works construction disputes, real estate disputes, commercial disputes, trade secret claims, partnership disputes, civil rights violations, and serious personal injury matters. He has obtained seven figure verdicts and settlements for business owners. His array of clients includes construction companies, real estate developers, construction lenders, construction consultants, homeowners associations, condominium associations, franchise owners, and individuals. He has been repeatedly named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine, an honor bestowed on 2.5% of lawyers under age 40 in Washington. He has been recognized by both the National Trial Lawyers Association and the American Society of Legal Advocates as one of the top 40 under 40 trial lawyers in Washington State, and is perfect 10.0 on avvo.com.
Recent Notable Results
• Following a six week jury trial, obtained $3.9 million dollar judgment against general contractor on a public works project for wrongfully withholding progress payments. Jury found wholly in favor of subcontractor against general contractor's $4,000,000.00 counterclaim.
• Obtained findings of breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract against Developer on behalf of Land Owner in arbitration proceeding. Arbitration award was four times higher than Land Owner's final offer of settlement.
• Obtained directed verdict resulting in dismissal of business seller on fraud during jury trial in dispute arising from purchase and sale of restaurant.
• Obtained $400,000.00 settlement with Janitorial Company in a slip and fall case where plaintiff missed only two weeks of work.
• Obtained $250,000.00 settlement with King County for civil rights claim based on prisoner abuse.
U.S. District Court–Western Washington
Benjamin Cardozo School of Law, J.D. (2007)
University of Washington, B.A. cum laude (2004)